|Father*||Edmund Hiltz1 b. 25 Jan 1854, d. 1918|
|Mother*||Mary Eliza Hiltz1 b. 30 May 1864, d. 16 Jun 1909|
|Relationship||3rd great-grandson of Jean George Bezanson|
|Last Edited||31 Mar 2014|
- [S5] 1921 Canadian Census; New Ross West, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia; Reference Number: RG 31; Folder Number: 46; Page: 7; Lines: 35-41.
|Henry Cornelius Bezanson b. 9 Jul 1884, d. 7 Aug 1971|
|Last Edited||31 Mar 2014|
- [S808] Library and Archives Canada, "Canada, Soldiers of the First World War, 1914-1918", Bezanson, Henry Cornelius; MSA; Date: 2 May 1918.
William Van Adestine1
|Father*||Herbert Van Adestine1 b. 11 Dec 1909|
|Mother*||Sabine Catherine Desveaux1 b. c 1911|
|Relationship||5th great-grandson of Jean George Bezanson|
|Last Edited||1 Apr 2014|
- [S14] Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management (NSARM), "Death Registrations", Van Adestine, William; Registration Year: 1945; Book: 222; Page: 633.
Jean Margaret Paige1
|Father*||Colin Roderick Paige1 b. Feb 1887|
|Mother*||Sadie Melvin Bezanson1 b. 22 Jan 1890, d. 7 Apr 1973|
|Relationship||3rd great-granddaughter of Jean George Bezanson|
|Last Edited||3 Apr 2014|
- [S14] Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management (NSARM), "Death Registrations", Paige, Jean Margaret; Registration Year: 1915; Book: 44; Page: 273; Number: 989.
Joy Winnifred Cavanaugh1
|Mother*||Margaret Malay1 b. 15 Sep 1922, d. 7 Dec 2002|
|Relationship||4th great-granddaughter of Jean George Bezanson|
Death Notice from South Shore Now (Bridgewater, Nova Scotia), 28 June 2011:
Born in Halifax on August 4, 1942, she was a daughter of the late William "Bill" and Margaret "Love" (Malay) Cavanagh. Joy was a loyal and committed member of the Royal Canadian Legion branches in Chester and Bridgewater. A very warm and loving person, her family was everything to her, especially her grandsons. Joy was also a gentle soul who was very sensitive to the needs of others with an engaging personality and plenty of hugs. Joy and her loving husband, David, were each others one and only best friends and soulmates.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by a daughter, Kimberley Joy (Michael) Carter, Hammonds Plains; two sisters, Gay Melanson (late Garron), Truro, and Yvonne "Vonnie" (Steve) Joyner, Ottawa; three brothers, James "Jimmy" (Shirley), Kingston, Ontario; Kenneth "Kenny," Winnipeg; William "Billy" (Leora), Bridgewater; three grandsons, Ethan, Colby and Jax Carter; her beloved aunt, Winnifred "Winnie" DeVanney; many loving nieces, nephews and friends.
She was predeceased by a brother, Kevin; her maternal grandparents, Sadie and Joseph Malay. Sadie "Granny" Malay was Joys kindred spirit and inspiration and the person she modelled her life after. Cremation has taken place under the direction of the White Family Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Kentville. There will be no visitation or funeral service, by request. A private family burial will take place at a later date in the Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Lower Sackville.1
|Last Edited||29 Apr 2014|
- [S2] Joy Winnifred Cavenaugh Death Notice, South Shore Now (Bridgewater, Nova Scotia), 28 June 2011.
|Father*||James L. Kennedy1 b. 12 Jun 1886, d. 12 Dec 1952|
|Mother*||Winnifred M. Bezanson1 b. 9 May 1889, d. 24 Oct 1954|
|Relationship||4th great-grandson of Jean George Bezanson|
|Last Edited||10 Apr 2015|
- [S5] 1921 Canadian Census; Halifax (City), Halifax, Nova Scotia; Sub-District: 60; Page: 15; Lines: 18-22.
- [S14] Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management (NSARM), "Death Registrations", Kennedy, James Lawrence; Registration Year: 1952; Page: 6194.
- [S14] Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management (NSARM), "Death Registrations", Kennedy, Winnifred May; Registration Year: 1954; Page: 5257.
- [S1] Dorothy Evans, Bezansons from Nova Scotia, 102, 186.
|Fred Collicut b. c 1922, d. 5 Mar 1994|
Date of Birth: Sunday, July 24th, 1932
Date of Death: Saturday, October 5th, 2013
It is with great sadness the family of Barbara Kathleen Collicutt, 81, of Bridgewater, announces her passing on Saturday October 5th, 2013, at the South Shore Regional Hospital, Bridgewater.
Born in Bridgewater, she was the daughter of the late Walter Willison and Marguerite Kathleen (Slauenwhite) Hirtle. She was the last surviving member of her immediate family.
In her earlier years, she attended school in Bridgewater. She had saddle horses and enjoyed the farm life. After losing her father at the age of 15 in 1948 she went to work at Holmes Dry Goods store and later at the Olive and Taylor Drug Store (Rexall) to supplement the family income and keep the farm. In 1956 she returned home to work with her mother in the gardens and look after the animals.
She married Frederick I Collicutt in 1961, their son followed in 1963. Barbara worked hard all her life, aiding with Fred’s busy schedule as one of Canada’s leading Mercury salesmen. This continued up until just a few years ago as her son has stayed in the car business.
Barbara was a nature and animal lover and could identify every bird and flower you cared to ask about. She was an Elvis fan and collector of antiques. She was also an antique car enthusiast- an interest she shared with her son and grandson who was the joy of her life for the past sixteen years and was able to take her on drives before her passing. Barbara was a genuinely kind and caring person who made and kept friends easily.
She is survived by her son, Andrew (Gladys) Collicutt, Lunenburg and a grandson, Fred.
She was predeceased by her husband, Frederick I. Collicutt and a brother, Elmer Raymond in infancy.
The family wishes to extend their heartfelt thanks to the physicians, nurses and staff of the South Shore Regional Hospital, Fishermen’s Memorial Hospital, QE II and
Valley Regional Hospital for their love and care of Barbara over the past few years.
Funeral Arrangements are under the direction of the Dana L. Sweeny Funeral Home, 11213, Hwy. # 3, Lunenburg and where a memorial service to celebrate Barbara’s life will be held on Saturday October 12th at 2:00 p.m., Rev. Mark Marshall officiating. Interment will be at a later date.2
|Last Edited||5 Apr 2015|
William C. Tuxbury1
|Father*||William C. Tuxbury1 b. 6 Oct 1902, d. Nov 1969|
|Mother*||Leila Woodbury Bezanson1 b. 6 Apr 1904, d. 7 Feb 1960|
|Virginia Gertrude Cronin|
|Gwendolyn Bonner Jones b. 1922, d. 2012|
|Relationship||5th great-grandson of Jean George Bezanson|
William C. Tuxbury was mentioned in an article that appeared in Rapid City Journal (Rapid City, South Dakota) on 12 March 1952:
TOKYO (AP) -- The downed U. S. Marine pilot, bobbing in the chill Yellow Sea, was so cold his hands couldn't grasp the hoist cable dangling from a hovering Air Force helicopter.
So the pilot, Maj. Emerson E. Heller of Spring City. Pa., made his flying machine dance in the air, twisting and turning until the cable wrapped around the pilot, Capt. Clarence W. Tuxbury of Marblehead, Mass.
Tuxbury hung on with his arms and was hoisted to safety.10
|Last Edited||26 Nov 2023|
- [S4] 1930 U.S. Federal Census; Marblehead, Essex, Massachusetts; FHL Film: 2340636; Roll: 901; Image: 84.0; ED: 0195; Page: 1B; Lines: 73-76.
- [S4] 1940 U.S. Federal Census; Marblehead, Essex, Massachusetts; Roll: T627_1585; ED: 5-240; Page: 12B; Lines: 51-54.
- [S902] U.S. Social Security Administration, "U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007", William Clarence Tuxbury; Birth: 30 April 1922; Birth Place: Salem, Massachusetts; Death: 5 December 2003, Father: Clarence W Tuxbury, Mother: Leila Bezanson.
- [S3] Social Security Administration, Social Security Death Index, C. W. Tuxbury; Birth: 30 April 1922; Death: 5 December 2003; Last Residence: 08054, Mount Laurel, Burlington, New Jersey, USA; Issue State: Massachusetts; Issue Year: Before 1951.
- [S878] North Carolina County Registers of Deeds, "North Carolina Marriage Records, 1741-2011", Clarence William Tuxbury; Age: 26; Birth Year: abt 1923; Father: William C Tuxbury; Mother: Lela Bezanson Tuxbury; Marriage Date: 27 March 1949; Marriage Place: Craven, North Carolina; Spouse: Virginia Gertrude Cronin.
- [S878] North Carolina County Registers of Deeds, "North Carolina Marriage Records, 1741-2011", Virginia Gertrude Cronin; Age: 26; Birth Year: abt 1923; Father: William Edward Cronin; Mother: Gertrude S Cronin; Marriage Date: 27 March 1949; Marriage Place: Craven, North Carolina; Spouse: Clarence William Tuxbury.
- [S557] Florida Department of Health, "Florida Divorce Index, 1927-2001", Clarence W Tuxbury; Virginia C Tuxbury; Divorce Date: 1952; St. Johns, Florida; Certificate: 15273.
- [S836] Various Contributors, "Find A Grave", Gwendolyn Bonner Jones; Birth: 1922; Death: 2012; Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia, USA; Memorial Number: 112889300.
- [S836] Various Contributors, "Find A Grave", Clarence William Tuxbury; Birth: 1922; Death: 2003; Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia, USA; Memorial Number: 21676082.
- [S898] News Item, "'Copter Pilot Dances Plane To Save Life", Rapid City Journal (Rapid City, South Dakota), 12 March 1952, p. 1.