Norman F. Bezanson1
|Father*||James Elbridge Bezanson1 b. 13 Sep 1904, d. 4 Jan 1984|
|Mother*||Drusilla McKinley1 b. 1913, d. 17 Dec 1983|
|Relationship||5th great-grandson of Jean George Bezanson|
Obituary from The Chronicle-Herald (Halifax, Nova Scotia), 7 November 2008:
Born in New Chester, Guysborough Co., he was a son of the late James Elbridge and Drucella (MacKinley) Bezanson. Norman was a well-known and respected residential housing contractor for many years. He was a Past Master of the Eastern Star No. 51, Masonic Lodge, and a former member of the Scottish Rite. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather, and brother who will be deeply missed by his loving wife, Marion (Graves) Bezanson; son, Wayne (Sue); daughters, Linda (Gerald) Holmes, Debbie (Bill) Hart; brother, Calvin; sisters, Bertha, Violet, Judy, Bonnie, Jeanie, and Susan; grandchildren, Lee, Teya, Dillon, Nadine, Craig, Billy, and Jenna.
He was predeceased by his brothers, Harold and Jimmy. Cremation has taken place. A Masonic service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, November 8, in Atlantic Funeral Home, 771 Main St., Dartmouth, immediately followed by a memorial service. Reception to follow, Rev. Ivan Gregan officiating. A second service will be held at 2 p.m. on Monday, November 10, in St. Barnabas Anglican Church, Ecum Secum, with interment to follow in St. James Anglican Cemetery, New Chester, Rev. Sandy Murray officiating.2
|Last Edited||25 Apr 2014|
Mahlon V. Bezanson1
|Father*||Joseph Bezanson2 b. 27 Aug 1812|
|Mother*||Jerusha G. Parsons2 b. c 1814, d. 19 Oct 1889|
|Sarah E. Willson b. Apr 1846|
|Relationship||2nd great-grandson of Jean George Bezanson|
Obituary from The Kingfisher Daily Free Press (Kingfisher, Oklahoma), 5 April 1915:
Mahlon V. BEZANSON, aged sixty-nine years, entered into rest Saturday afternoon, April 3rd, at the home of Mr. and Mrs. T. D. RUSH.
Mr. BEZANSON was a native of Halifax, Nova Scotia and resided in Virginia until manhood, then moved to North Carolina and after a few years moved with his family to Conneticut and resided there for sixteen years, then came to Oklahoma and made his home in Kingfisher where he has lived since except about nine months in 1914, which he spent in California.
While living in Henderson, N.C., he was associated in business with his brother-in-law, Mr. B. A. WILSON, now of Pendleton, S.C.
He had been in poor health all winter and was taken down with pneumonia on Saturday preceding his death, being confined to his bed one week.
The deceased is survived by two children, Miss Emma V. BEZANSON of North Haven, Conn., who was unable to be present and Harry B. BEZANSON of New Haven, Conn., who arrived in Kingfisher Sunday morning in response to a message from friends that his father was critically ill.
Mr. BEZANSON also leaves two brothers, Joseph BEZANSON, who resides in Oregon and Dr. Chas. BEZANSON and several nieces and nephews.
Mr. BEZANSON was a man who was loved and respected by all who knew him and numbered his friends by his acquaintances. He was a sincere Christian quiet and unassuming. He was a member of the Presbyterian church and a member of the Brotherhood.
Funeral services were held at two thirty o'clock this afternoon from the undertaking parlors of E. R. HORTON officiating. Interment was made in Kingfisher cemetery.1
Something is amiss with the records of Mahlon V. Bezanson and Sarah E. Willson. An obituary indicates that Mahlon died in 1915, but his wife Sarah was listed as a widow in the census of 1910.
|Last Edited||16 Mar 2015|
- [S532] Unknown compiler, "Kingfisher County GenWeb", Obituary for Mahlon V. Bezanson.
- [S677] Ancestry.com, "Virginia, Select Marriages, 1785-1940", Mahlon V. Bezanson; Sarah E. Wilson; 25 December 1871.
- [S4] 1900 U.S. Federal Census; New Britain, Hartford, Connecticut; FHL Film: 1240138; Roll: 138; ED: 0205; Page: 9B; Lines: 80-84.
- [S699] National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), "Massachusetts Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1963", Pearl; 7 July 1853; Joseph Bezanson and family, with several unfamiliar names including Amdich Bezanson, Chitden Bezanson, and Mary Furth.
- [S4] 1880 U.S. Federal Census; South River, Augusta, Virginia; FHL Film: 1255354; Roll: 1354; ED: 019; Page: 252D; Lines: 4-5.
- [S4] 1860 U.S. Federal Census; North Subdivision, Augusta, Virginia; FHL Film: 805333; Roll: M653_1333; Images: 463, 464; Page: 981; Line: 40; Page: 982; Lines: 1-7.
- [S4] 1870 U.S. Federal Census; District 2, Augusta, Virginia; FHL Film: 553133; Roll: M593_1634; Image: 292; Page: 265B; Lines: 33-37.
Richard Theodore Bezanson1
|Father*||Leverett Theodore Bezanson2 b. 17 Feb 1901, d. 30 Aug 1938|
|Mother*||Bertha Alice Wells2 b. 19 Dec 1906, d. 8 Feb 1971|
|Prassede Della Zana b. 5 Oct 1922, d. 27 Feb 2001|
|Relationship||5th great-grandson of Jean George Bezanson|
Obituary from Asbury Park Press (Asbury Park, New Jersey), 3 January 2001:
He was a supervisor for 15 years with the U.S. Postal Service, retiring in 1983. He was a 20-year veteran of the Army, serving in World War II and the Korean War, attaining the rank of sergeant first class. He was a communicant of St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, New Monmouth, Middletown. Born in Milton, Mass., he lived in Belford for the past 40 years.
He was predeceased by a brother, Howard. Surviving are his wife, Prassede "Sadie"; a son and daughter-in-law, Robert R. and Patricia of Mexico Beach, Fla; two daughters and sons-in-law, Mirella and Bill Rongo and Sandra and Keith Marchese, all of Belford, Middletown; three brothers, Robert of Tucson, Ariz., Edward of Helena, Mont., and Bert Well of Sabasco, Maine; and a sister, Barbara Fisler of Seattle.
Visitation will be from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at John F. Pfleger Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held at 8:45 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. A funeral Liturgy will be offered at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Middletown. Interment will he in Fair View Cemetery, Middletown.1
|Last Edited||28 Mar 2016|
- [S2] Richard Theodore Bezanson Death Notice, Asbury Park Press (Asbury Park, New Jersey), 31 December 2000.
- [S1] Dorothy Evans, Bezansons from Nova Scotia, 215.
- [S3] Social Security Administration, Social Security Death Index, RICHARD BEZANSON, Born=26 Dec 1927, Died=29 Dec 2000, Residence=07718 Belford, Monmouth, NJ, Issued=WA (Before 1951).
- [S1] Dorothy Evans, Bezansons from Nova Scotia, 215, 256.
- [S836] Various Contributors, "Find A Grave", Richard T Bezanson, Fair View Cemetery, Middletown, New Jersey; Memorial Number: 51992644.
- [S4] 1930 U.S. Federal Census; Milton, Norfolk, Massachusetts; FHL Film: 2340670; Roll: 935; Image: 276.0; ED: 0067; Page: 5B; Lines: 76-81.
- [S4] 1940 U.S. Federal Census; Milton, Norfolk, Massachusetts; Roll: T627_1628; ED: 11-137; Page: 61A; Lines: 31-38.