Maud Hattie Lawrence
|Father*||Solomon H. Lawrence b. 29 Dec 1836, d. 10 May 1933|
|Mother*||Mary Sophia Graham b. 27 Aug 1845, d. 26 May 1935|
|Harry Wood b. 20 May 1874, d. 22 Jun 1950|
|Relationship||3rd great-granddaughter of Jean George Bezanson|
Obituary from The Boston Globe (Boston, Massachusetts), 15 March 1963:
Maud was born in Manchester, NH, while her parents were visiting relatives there. She was raised in Nova Scotia. She moved to Arlington, MA, with her husband Harry Wood.13
Harry Wood and Maud Hattie Lawrence were mentioned in an article that appeared in The Boston Globe (Boston, Massachusetts) on 19 June 1931:
Mrs Maude L. Wood, now of Somerville, was granted a decree nisi of divorce in Middlesex Probate Courl yesterday after she had testified that her husband struck her and abused her on a number of occasions when she protested against his treatment of animals on his Burlington farm.
Once when he was beating a horse, she said, he struck her with a broom handle when she protested. Harry Wood, the husband, did not contest his wife's action.5
|Last Edited||7 Apr 2020|
- [S172] "Maud Wood's Bible."
- [S209] William Richard Cutter, Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts.
- [S7] New England Historic Genealogical Society, "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910", Wood, Harry; Lawrence, Maud; Arlington Marriage Register; Year: 1898; Volume: 479; Page: 69.
- [S927] Ancestry.com, "Massachusetts, State and Federal Naturalization Records, 1798-1950", Harry Wood; Petition; 12 December 1923.
- [S19] News article "Former Burlington Woman Is Granted a Divorce", The Boston Globe (Boston, Massachusetts), 19 June 1931, p. 23.
- [S4] 1940 U.S. Federal Census; Burlington, Middlesex, Massachusetts; ED: 9-84; Page: 9B; Image: 18, where Harry Wood is listed with Ethel (Smith) Wood as his wife.
- [S4] 1940 U.S. Federal Census; Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts; ED: 15-718; Page: 18A.
- [S667] Ancestry.com, "U.S. City Directories", Greenough's 1933 Somerville, Massachusetts Directory, pp. 269, 463.
- [S2] Maude (Lawrence) Wood Death Notice, The Boston Globe (Boston, Massachusetts), 15 March 1963, p. 32.
- [S182] Mary Margaret (Cloherty) Cardinal, "Cardinal Family History."
- [S368] Interview, Mary Margaret (Cloherty) Cardinal, April 8, 2000.
- [S836] Various Contributors, "Find A Grave", Maude Hattie (Lawrence) Wood, Evergreen Cemetery, Brighton, Massachusetts; Memorial Number: 69073092.
- [S171] John Cardinal, "Research Notes."
- [S5] 1881 Canadian Census; Lower Horton, Kings, Nova Scotia. Roll: C_13173, Page: 24, Family No: 111.
- [S350] Census Records of Kings County (published), Year=1881, Location=Lower Horton, Code=i-2, Page=24, Fam=111.
- [S5] 1891 Canadian Census; Avonport, Kings, Nova Scotia; Roll: T-6317; Family: 98; Page: 23.
- [S4] 1900 U.S. Federal Census; Arlington, Middlesex, Massachusetts; Roll: T623 655; Page: 28B; ED: 660.
- [S667] Ancestry.com, "U.S. City Directories", Massachusetts City Directories, Arlington, 1910, 150, 90.
- [S4] 1910 U.S. Federal Census; Arlington, Middlesex, Massachusetts; Roll: T624_594; Page: 14B; ED: 729; Image: 735.
- [S667] Ancestry.com, "U.S. City Directories", Massachusetts City Directories, Arlington, 1916, 184, 17; business is listed in Arlington, residence is listed as Burlington.
- [S4] 1920 U.S. Federal Census; Massachusetts, Middlesex County, Burlington; Roll: T625_706; Image: 919; ED: 22; Sheet: 6A.
- [S4] 1930 U.S. Federal Census; Massachusetts, Middlesex County, Burlington; Roll: T626_914; Image: 460; ED: 9-193; Sheet: 9A.
- [S342] Alta Florence (Wood) Cardinal, Social Security Account Number Application.