Alta Florence Wood
|Father||Harry Wood1 b. 20 May 1874, d. 22 Jun 1950|
|Mother||Maud Hattie Lawrence1 b. 15 Nov 1870, d. Mar 1963|
|Walter Francis Cardinal b. 20 Jun 1906, d. 5 Nov 1956|
|David Standel b. 17 Feb 1909, d. 11 Dec 1972|
|Relationship||4th great-granddaughter of Jean George Bezanson|
Alta Florence Wood and Walter Francis Cardinal were the guests of honor at their 25th Wedding Anniversary Party held 29 July 1952.7 Alta Florence Wood became a widow at age 48 upon the death of her husband Walter Francis Cardinal on 5 November 1956 at Waltham Hospital, Waltham, Massachusetts.8,9 Alta Florence Wood married David Standel after 1960. Alta Florence Wood died on 9 September 1982 at Winter Park, Florida, at age 74.9,10 She was buried on 14 September 1982 in Evergreen Cemetery, Brighton, Massachusetts🌏.9,11 Walter Cardinal, Alta (Wood) Cardinal, their son Arthur, and Alta's mother Maud (Lawrence) Wood share a headstone in Evergreen Cemetery.12
From Muriel (Cardinal) Johnston:
From Mary Cardinal: "Alta was going to nursing school at Massachusetts General Hospital when she met Walter while skating at the Boston Public Garden."14 In the Boston City Directory for 1958, 1959 and 1960, Alta was living at 34 Ridgemont Street.
As far as I can tell, Alta lived at the following addresses in Florida. I do not know the sequence. On the SSDI, she was living in Deltona when she died.
6450 MacKenzie St, Orlando, FL 32807
1475 Layton Ave, Deltona, FL 32725.
|Last Edited||2 Jul 2019|
- [S342] Alta Florence (Wood) Cardinal, Social Security Account Number Application.
- [S7] New England Historic Genealogical Society, "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910", Wood, Alta Florence; Arlington Birth Register; Year: 1908; Volume: 575; Page: 318.
- [S7] New England Historic Genealogical Society, "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841-1910", Wood, Alta Florence; Boston Birth Register; Year: 1908; Volume: 577; Page: 116.
- [S820] Harry Wood, Petition for Citizenship, 71021 (12 December 1923).
- [S192] Muriel (Cardinal) Johnston, "Muriel Johnston's Family Group Sheet."
- [S380] Walter F. Cardinal and Alta Wood, Suffolk County Marriage Book 2:108 (1921).
- [S171] John Cardinal, "Research Notes", the date was provided via captions written by Russell W. Cardinal, Sr., on photographs taken at the event.
- [S382] Walter Cardinal, Death Certificate 96:555 (1936).
- [S175] George Francis Cardinal, "George Cardinal's Family Group Sheets", Undocumented. George Cardinal was a witness to the birth and marriage events involving his children.
- [S3] Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index."
- [S9] Events witnessed by John Cardinal.
- [S368] Interview, Mary Margaret (Cloherty) Cardinal, April 8, 2000.
- [S246] Letter, Muriel Alta (Cardinal) Johnston to John Cardinal, February 26, 1999.
- [S217] Interview, Mary Margaret (Cloherty) Cardinal, March 4, 1999.
- [S4] 1910 U.S. Federal Census; Arlington, Middlesex, Massachusetts; Roll: T624_594; Page: 14B; ED: 729; Image: 735.
- [S4] 1920 U.S. Federal Census; Massachusetts, Middlesex County, Burlington; Roll: T625_706; Image: 919; ED: 22; Sheet: 6A.
- [S180] Caroline (Emde) O'Conner, "Descendants of Peter Freiburger."
- [S4] 1930 U.S. Federal Census; Massachusetts, Suffolk County, Boston; Roll: T626_950; Image: 891; ED: 367; Sheet: 2B.
- [S381] George Herbert Cardinal, Death Certificate 16:282:5681 (1936).
- [S378] Louis Cardinal, Suffolk County Probate No. 278568, which includes the addresses of his sons Louis, William, and Walter.
- [S4] 1940 U.S. Federal Census; Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts; ED: 15-718; Page: 18A.
- [S667] Ancestry.com, "U.S. City Directories", Polk's 1951 Boston, Massachusetts, City Directory, p. 280.
- [S342] Russell Walter Cardinal, Social Security Account Number Application.