|George Elwood Bezanson b. 11 Jan 1901, d. 3 Feb 1971|
Obituary from The Milford Cabinet (Milford, New Hampshire), 13 March 2002:
Bernice H. (Salisbury) Bezanson, 95, of Beech Hill Road, Mont Vernon, died Feb. 25, in Harborside Healthcare-Crestwood in Milford.
Her husband, George Bezanson, died in 1971.
Born in Ellsworth, Maine on Dec. 26, 1906, she was the daughter of Herman and Vesta (Tracy) Salisbury.
She leaves two sons, George Bezanson Jr. of Stow, Mass., and Horace Bezanson of Bellows Falls, Vt; four daughters, Gladys Richards of Greenville, Clora Hunter of Stowe, Helen Hoyt of Rindge and Rose Norcross of Winchendon, Mass; five brothers, Lawrence Salisbury and George Salisbury, both of Milford, Irving Salisbury of Henderson, N.Y., Herman Salisbury and Percy Salisbury, both of Lyndeborough; 24 grandchildren; many great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
A private graveside service was held Feb. 28 in Riverside Cemetery, Winchendon. Randy Gary of Milford officiated.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Shriners Hospital for Children, 516 Carew St., Springfield, MA 01104.
Snow-Ladeau Funeral Home, Winchendon, was in charge of arrangements.2
|Last Edited||26 Jan 2015|
- [S1] Dorothy Evans, Bezansons from Nova Scotia, 166.
- [S659] Ancestry.com, "United States Obituary Collection", The Milford Cabinet, 13 March 2002, Bernice H. Bezanson.
- [S840] Town and City Clerks of Massachusetts, "Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988", Bezanson, George Ellwood; Salisbury, Bernice Harriet; Wayland Marriage Register; 3 July 1926.
- [S1] Dorothy Evans, Bezansons from Nova Scotia, 166, where the year is 1924.
- [S4] 1930 U.S. Federal Census; Natick, Middlesex, Massachusetts; Roll: 925; Page: 5B; ED: 352; Image: 301.0.
- [S4] 1940 U.S. Federal Census; Amherst, Hillsborough, New Hampshire; Roll: T627_2288; ED: 6-1; Page: 8B; Lines: 77-80; Page: 9A; Lines: -1-3.
Walter J. Katunas1
Obituary from The Telegram and Gazette (Worcester, Massachusetts), 29 April 2000:
He leaves his wife of 42 years, Virginia A. "Ginny" (Bezanson) Katunas; a son, Gary J. Katunas of Chicago; and a sister, Frances Powers of Westboro.
He was born in Waterbury, Conn., son of John and Frances (Polubinskas) Katunas, and lived more than 50 years in Westboro. He graduated from Holden High School.
Mr. Katunas was a commercial and residential real estate developer in the area for more than 50 years. He formerly owned Fox Lounge Restaurant. He was a member of the John Warren Lodge of Masons in Hopkinton, and a former member of the Westboro Kiwanis Club and the Chamber of Commerce. He had served on the Westboro Board of Selectmen, and enjoyed boating and fishing.
The funeral service will be held at 4 p.m. Sunday, April 30, in Rand-Harper Westboro Funeral Home, 62 West Main St. Burial will be private. Calling hours are 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 30, in the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Massachusetts General Hospital Fund, Development Office, 100 Charles River Plaza, Suite 600, Boston, MA 02114-2792.2
|Last Edited||12 Nov 2001|
- [S1] Dorothy Evans, Bezansons from Nova Scotia, 167.
- [S479] Bell and Howell Information and Learning Company, "Telegram (Worcester, MA) Obituaries", April 29, 2000, Page A5, Walter J. Katunas.
- [S3] Social Security Administration, Social Security Death Index, WALTER KATUNAS, Born=16 Mar 1919, Died=27 Apr 2000, Residence=01581 Westborough, Worcester, MA, Issued=029 (1956 And 1958).