41 Year Old Waterford Man Takes Life by Asphyxiation

41 Year Old Waterford Man Takes Life by Asphyxiation

Clyde Herman Bezanson, 41 year old carpenter, of Mullen Hill road, Waterford, was found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning early today in his garage, and state police said he took his own life after a family argument last night.

The cause of death was given today by Dr. Joseph M. Ganey, Waterford medical examiner.

Bezanson's body was found at 6:40 a.m. by his wife in a sitting position in his car. Sgt. William E. Farrow and Officer Arthur P. Kathe of Grton barracks said Bezanson left his house about 9 p.m. after the argument. He apparently went straight to the garage, closed the doors, got into this car and started the engine, they said.

Bezanson had several family wrangles recently, Dr. Ganey said, and had threatened sucice several times.

The body was later removed to the Byles Memorial home in this city.

Born in Waterford

Bezanson was born in Waterford July 15, 1909, son of Charles S. and Sarah Rowley Bezanson, and had lived in Waterford most of his life. For a short time he resided in Ray street, this city.

He learned his trade from H. R. Griswold, retired local contractor. During World War II Bezanson worked at the Electric Boar Co and after the war was employed as a carpenter at the Submarine Base. Recently he had worked for Frattali Bros., Groton contractors.

Bezanson was eductaed in Waterford schools and Chapman Technical High school.

Surviving, besides his parents, are his wife, the former Mildred B. Rockwell; two daughters, Darleen A. and Karen F. Bezanson, all of Waterford; three brothers, Earl J. and Alton L. Bezanson, both of Waterford, and William J. Bezanson, Uncasville, and two sisters, Mrs. Mortimer G. Johnson, Chesterfield, and Mrs. Alden Mather, Waterford.

Funeral arrangements are incomplete.

From The Day, New London, Connecticut, 17 November 1950